The world powers wanted to distance themselves from one another Accused assault Iran’s original uranium enrichment facility threatens to complicate international negotiations on recovery Nuclear deal With Tehran
The United States has denied involvement in the Natanz underground site, although Germany has warned that a resumption of talks in Vienna on Tuesday could jeopardize the nuclear deal.
Tehran has denounced Natanz’s power supply as “nuclear terrorism” and suggested that Israel was behind it, although it did not confirm the possibility of a cyber attack. Iran has blamed those responsible for derailing efforts to restore the nuclear deal in 2015, with President Joe Biden saying the United States is ready to rejoin conditionally after the Trump administration withdraws in 2018. Israel has not confirmed or denied responsibility.
A White House spokesman said Monday that “we have seen reports of an incident at the Natanz Enrichment Agency in Iran.” “The United States was not involved in any way, and we have nothing to add to the speculation about the causes.”
German Foreign Minister Heiko Mash warned that the attack could jeopardize the Vienna talks involving Iran and other nuclear signatories – China, Russia, the EU, Germany, France and the United Kingdom. The United States took part in the first round of talks last week, although there were no direct talks with Iran.
“What we are currently hearing outside of Tehran is not a positive contribution, especially the development of Natanz,” Mash told reporters on Monday.
It is widely understood that Israel and Iran have targeted each other with cyber attacks in the past. Tehran’s foreign ministry said on Monday that “various sources” had suggested that Israel was behind the Natanz incident, which had damaged centrifuges used to enrich uranium.
As soon as US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin began his trip to Israel, news of the Natanz trouble broke. Austin also denies blaming Washington.
Iranian authorities have claimed that the attack was aimed at undermining the nuclear deal, which was opposed by the government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Hussein Amir Abdullahian, an adviser to the Iranian parliament’s speaker on international affairs, said Natanz’s schedule was “not coincidental”.
“We have seen the bloody claws of the enemy many times before [despite being hidden in] Their velvet gloves on the negotiating table, ”he tweeted.
European diplomats expressed concern about the impact of the fragile nuclear deal negotiations. In exchange for lifting many international sanctions, Iran agreed to sign an agreement to control its nuclear program. In retaliation for the Trump administration’s decision to impose tough economic sanctions, Tehran launched a growing series of violations of the terms of the agreement in 2014.
Ali Waz, Iran’s director of the International Crisis Group, said any Iranian retaliation against Natanz could torpedo renewed talks, although such an outcome seemed unlikely.
“I suspect that by withdrawing from the nuclear talks, Iran will fall into the hands of Israel,” he said. “But it will make it more difficult for Iranian negotiators to compromise. The best option for Americans is to distance themselves from the acts of sabotage that the Biden administration has already done. “